Monday, January 3, 2011

Upcoming Projects

First, my actual current to do list

Catwoman
1. Bustle / belt - we changed the concept, but I don't think it'll be too big of a deal. On hold for now til Miss Dashwood purchases a belt to which I can add a bustle and pockets.
2. Hat - ears need to be added to her current aviator hat
3. Shirt - zipper needs to be added to her turtleneck

Harley Quinn
1. Finishing the mask
2. Sewing hook onto jacket (in my sewing basket)

Beau's Quilt
1. Finish sewing the rows together to form a quilt top

Joker - after talking to Miss Dashwood, I've decided to at least finish the jacket (since its mainly done) and I may also do the trousers
1. Sew the lining into the body of the jacket (in my sewing basket)
2. Hem the sleeves
3. Maybe do buttons
4. Maybe put together the trousers

Now for what I want to work on during my break from sewing for anyone besides myself. By the by, all of the below projects are fabric and patterns from my stash.

1. Quebec scrapbook - I'd like to start this soon. I'm excited to scrapbook again.

2. Finish a skirt I started a while back (like years) (in my sewing basket) - its coordinating prints, a Michael Miller pin up print and coordinating polka dots.



3. Corduroy skirt


Not sure which pattern to use for this, but I have a couple options --

Option 1: View I, either as just a skirt or somehow make it into a jumper.


Option 2: This unusual wrap skirt, don't know which view though.


4. Pink suedecloth skirt -- not sure if I want to go with a simple basic pencil skirt or one that has a flare or some godets...



5. White and blue cotton skirt



6. Kermit pajama pants -- I've had this flannel in my stash for YEARS, high time I use it don't you agree?



And for my vivandiere, I'm thinking the Burda jacket pattern (probably shortened, but maybe not) with a very full knee length skirt and I'm torn between doing the harem / zouave style trousers underneath or wearing tights / leggings and a petticoat so my skirt is more poofy. Decisions, decisions. Good thing I have plenty of time to think about it, Marcon's not til May.

Updated 2011 Sewing List
In the next couple weeks...
1. Steampunk Catwoman for Miss Dashwood
2. Finishing Steampunk Joker - at least the jacket, maybe the pants
3. Finishing my quilt top
Then, in no particular order, the above sewing for ME in January / February
4. Finish a skirt I started a while back (like years)
5. Corduroy skirt
6. Pink suedecloth skirt
7. White and blue cotton skirt
8. Kermit pajama pants
And then back to sewing for others...
9. Alterations for the Captain, Heather and Bobbie - February
10. Drag show commission - February / March
11. Maybe a commission for one of my beau's friends for a Bill the Butcher costume
For myself,
12. I'd like to finally get ANH Princess Leia finished - whenever
13. Steampunk Confederate Vivandiere for Marcon. - probably April / May
14. Simi costume for DragonCon - sometime in the summer
Maybes....
15. Pink and white steampunk outfit I meant to do in 2010
16. Black corduroy skirt that I started years ago but now is too short for me to wear anywhere except clubbing. I could add a ruffle at the bottom, maybe out of black floral corduroy to match the jacket I have...

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde
Steam-stress of the Airship Archon

No comments:

Post a Comment