The Imperial Officer was a success last night at Last Night on Alderaan. Miss Dashwood snapped a picture before I left her birthday celebration so hopefully I can update this entry later with it. Before I wore it, I did fix the hem.
I fixed my beau's gloves -- it was a pretty simple repair. They have elastic straps that wrap around the wrist and velcro in place and the straps needed replaced. It was easy and quick to take the old ones off and put new ones on.
Then I put a waistband on my black petticoat. I took a piece of black knit left over from other projects, trimmed it so it was more square on the ends, cut it in two lengthwise and sewed the ends together to form a long piece. I stitched it onto the waist of my petticoat, about an inch or a little more from the top (this was so that the tears and holes in the petticoat would be covered), then stitched again to hold the waistband in place before turning the edges under and stitching it down. I also used narrower strips of the knit along the back opening to finish those edges as well. All it needs now is some sort of closure, probably a hook and eye which I don't have with me.
I also cut out my Kermit pajama pants, put them together, hemmed them and made an elastic casing. They would be finished, IF I had remembered to pack elastic. Also its a good thing that they're just for me -- I accidentally cut out one leg upside down.
Yesterday I purchased a pattern to make a knit tunic and some purple knit (clearance!) for it. Prewashed the fabric today and I noticed I bought the wrong size of pattern. So now I'm trying to decide if I should exchange it or just make it and take it in to fit. I'm sort of leaning towards the latter, but I know I should probably exchange it. Well, I do work tomorrow so it won't be difficult.
I still need to finish my Harley Quinn mask. I really should do that as soon as possible. If not tomorrow, then Tuesday.
Miss Leah J Wilde