Thursday, August 11, 2016

Finished Projects - June and July

1. 1930s McCalls 7153 Archive Collection TARDIS dress (June 4) -- Fabric was bought a while ago when JoAnn's first started carrying the Doctor Who collection.  Pattern was bought because I liked it.  I decided a while back to use them together, so I'm not really sure if this qualifies as a stash project or not.  Thread was stash.

2. Blue seersucker with dragonflies dress for my mom (June 19) -- Fabric was purchased for a scrub top, but mom asked for a dress instead.  Stash pattern and thread, purchased ribbon for the drawstring.  I used the same pattern that I did last year to make a gauze dress.

3. Finished a pair of drawstring pants that I started like 15 years ago (June 26) -- I'm calling this one a stash project since it was a UFO from more than a decade ago.

4. Altered a 1950s jumper I made several years ago while sitting in my mom's hospital room.  The armscyes were cut too high, so I took out the stitching, cut out about half an inch of fabric or so and restitched them.  I have since worn it and it's better, maybe not perfect but at least better. (July 8)

5. Hemmed my father's suit pants to wear to his father's funeral (July 11)

6. Backpack for my summer vacation (July 30) -- purchased everything, except thread.
I altered the pattern to have a Sigmund pocket as well as a water bottle pocket on the other side.

7. 1950s blue jumper / dress (July 30) -- Stash pattern and thread, purchased zipper, fabric was purchased for a dress but not with this pattern in mind.

8. Swim leggings (July 31) to go with the Lane Raglan rashguard I made earlier this year -- some stash fabric, some purchased, stash thread and pattern.  I used McCalls 7261, shortened to knee length.  I lined the upper sections with swimsuit lining and the skirt portion was self drafted. 

9. 1970s blue plisse dress from a vintage pattern (July 31) -- purchased fabric and pattern, stash thread.

10. Bag for my mother (July 31) -- stash fabric (leftover from the blue jumper I made myself) and thread, purchased pattern and webbing for the strap, I also used a leftover magnetic snap that I bought for my backpack.