- I started a Regency spencer for HSF #1 Make Do and Mend but never finished it. The pattern I used to base it off of was a very poor choice, and the spencer ended up with several pleats instead of being smooth to fit right. And I don't have enough fabric to recut all the pieces so...
- I made a pair of Regency short stays to go with my previously finished Regency chemise. I used Sense and Sensibility's Regency Underthings pattern and they came out pretty good I think. They'll be for HSF #4 Under It All, along with the chemise and the last piece, a petticoat with straps (which I have cut out but not started construction on).
|Pretty hand stitched bust gussets|
|I hand quilted the short stays, with just a little boning because I don't really need that much support.|
|Finished short stays!|
- I worked on a pair of 18th century stays, started forever ago (it feels like). I think they're coming along reasonably well, I'm up to the binding portion. In case you've ever wondered, binding the tabs on stays SUCKS. It's a horrid, but necessary, stage of construction. However, once I'm done with the binding, all I have to do is put eyelets at the shoulders and pick up some ribbon to tie the shoulder straps in place. I splurged a little bit (and used a coupon) on a 1/2 yard of cream silk for the binding. Totally put in metal eyelets though, cuz I am NOT dealing with handworked ones.
|Stays, after I was finished with the boning.|
|Stays, in the midst of lining|
|Stays, while putting in the metal eyelets.|
|Stays, the top edge while binding.|
|Stays, approaching the end of the binding.|
- I started an 18th century bum pad, just looked at a couple other seamstresses versions and drew up a pattern. I need to sew the two sides together so I have sections, then stuff it, close it up and put ties on it so it's wearable.
- OH! And I had a last minute Ohayocon commission for a friend -- a bolero jacket for her Elizabeth from Bioshock cosplay. Definitely put that one on the DONE list. Finished it on January 24th.
- Also in the works are two aprons for my dad and brother (I really should finish those...) and pajama pants for my cousin (which I also should finish...)
|Apron fabric, because my father and brother are both named Clifford. I couldn't resist!|
- I picked up 3 yards of cream cotton linen blend linen for an 18th century petticoat. Originally I was going to try to dye it pink to match the stays for the HSF #3 Pink challenge, but I'm terrified of ruining a not very inexpensive fabric purchase by attempting to dye it so....the stays will be for the pink challenge and the petticoat will be cream, which will coordinate with the stays.
- I also bought fabric for my Regency ballgown which'll be for HSF #6 Fairytale. It's a super lightweight cotton shirting white on white with a silver metallic pinstripe. I got an amazing deal on that fabric by the way, I only hope that there's enough for the dress! It's 50 inches wide so I *think* I can eck it out, I just really wanted elbow length sleeves. So we'll see.
|Regency ballgown fabric. A steal at $2.50 a yard!|
- I've been 'window' shopping for fabric for the Regency open robe that'll go over the ballgown, but haven't purchased anything yet.