Monday, January 17, 2011

Current Costume Plans for Ohayocon - now with Reader's Poll!

I always over pack for conventions, but I'm trying to cut back. Mainly because I'll have to pack light for Dragon*Con in September, so I might as well learn how to do it now.

I'm trying to decide what to take and what not to take to Ohayocon. So far I'm thinking:

1. Steampunk Harley Quinn aka Diamonds are Forever (definite)
2. Comic / Cartoon Harley Quinn
3. Middle Eastern Steampunk aka Lady of the Ottoman Empire (definite)
4. Probably my Imperial Officer uniform
5. Time Traveler
6. Airship Stewardess

I'm debating taking both the Time Traveler and the Airship Stewardess. I'll need a persona heavy costume for Sunday's panel on personas and either will do. However, I don't know if I'd like to wear either all day at the con and I won't have much of a chance to change after we check out of our hotel room. I want to wear the Time Traveler (I feel like it makes more of an impact), but the Airship Stewardess would be slightly more comfortable. And of course, people like both costumes -- Miss Dashwood loves the Time Traveler and my beau prefers the Airship Stewardess. Perhaps I can wear the Airship Stewardess when we first arrive on Friday for a few hours and then wear the Time Traveler on Sunday. If I can't handle it all day, I can always change into jeans in a hotel bathroom. And I could probably leave the comic version of Harley Quinn at home, but I feel like taking it is necessary.

Other costumes I have that are also possibilities, but only if something else stays home:
1. Black and silver plaid bustled gown (no name for this one yet) - This has been submitted to be displayed in the gallery but I have not had confirmation yet
2. Black and burgundy bustled gown aka Burgundy at Midnight
3. Queen Gorgo from 300
4. Steampunk Tinkerbell

So many decisions to make. Anyone have any opinions?

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment