Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Joker 9 (Marcon prep)

First of all, the vest is DONE. Tonight I finished stitching the lining to the outer fabric along the armholes, then marked and sewed on the buttons. So its done (unless we decide to do the back tab...)

I also put a hook closure on the trousers. All that's left is hemming them, and I need my beau to try them on first. I was just going to do it, but I pinned them and laid them out and the hems didn't look even so I decided it was best to wait for him. That way, I'll know the trousers are the right length instead of just guessing.

So all I need to do is....
- Hem trousers.
- Put buttonholes in the jacket.
- Make and sew on buttons to the jacket.
- Sew on patch pockets to the inside of the jacket.

It's definitely getting there!

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

1 comment:

  1. Dear Leah,
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE your profile---too funny! I agree with things you said! I so admire a good seamstress too, as I am not in that category, lol!
    Best,
    Mary
    http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete