Monday, March 7, 2011

Corset Commission 5 and Notes on Other Projects

Corset Commission:

Yesterday, I sewed the boning casings and inserted the boning into Bob's corset. He's going to try it on tonight to see if we need more boning or if what I've done so far is acceptable. I also finished the bottom edge. If it doesn't need any more boning, all that's left is finishing the top edge and putting in eyelets. Almost done!

Imperial Officer uniform:

On Saturday, I added a hook and eye to my officer's uniform collar. And got some advice from another officer on how to make the collar fit better, so I'll have to do that before I wear it again.

To Do List:
  • Finish Bob's corset - fitting, finishing top edge, eyelets
  • I need to finish my beau's Joker costume - trousers and vest. I'm almost done underlining the trouser fabric so all I need to do is construct them and then the vest. I need to sit down with him and go over some things.
  • Lace trim on Miss Dashwood's bustle (once she buys the lace)
  • Buttonholes on a skirt for Miss Dashwood
  • Alterations for the Captain and Bobbie
  • New bustle and petticoat ruffle for Harley Quinn.
  • Embroider Lady of the Ottoman Empire vest.
  • Steampunk Confederate costume.
On the MMM front, I'm not doing a very good job. Pretty much all I wore over the last few days was my Imperial uniform and pajama pants that I made. Today I'm not wearing anything either. I think its just because I don't really have too much available that's office appropriate that I've made. At least not in March since a lot of my summer wardrobe I've made.

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment