I got a lot done this weekend on the Joker costume for my beau.
Yesterday I put the waistband on the trousers. So all that needs done is hemming and two hook and eye closures on the waistband.
Today I did most of the work on the vest. We went to the fabric store and picked up some lining (blue poly / cotton). After we got back I set to work - cut the vest front and pockets out of the blue-violet and green checkered cotton, did the darts and put in the pockets, cut the vest back and the lining out of the blue poly / cotton, put together the lining and had him try it on (perfect fit!), sewed the vest front to the vest back, then sewed the lining to the outside leaving the arm holes and a spot along the back open to turn, turned it, finished the turning opening by hand, fixed another little issue by hand, then put in six button holes using orange thread for contrast.
All that's left is - fray checking and cutting open the buttonholes, sewing on the buttons, a little decorative hand stitching in orange thread around the pockets and sewing the lining into place around the armholes.
And the jacket just needs patch pockets on the inside, buttons and buttonholes.
It may be faint, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
And I also worked on my Ottoman vest this weekend. So all in all, a very productive weekend.
Miss Leah J Wilde