Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekend Sewing at my Parents'

First of all, I finished my Confederate skirt -- hand stitched the waistband into place, manipulating the gathers as I went, and sewed on a hook and eye closure.

Secondly, I finished my Persian vest -- cut open the buttonholes and sewed on the buttons. It fits a little too snug, which I need to remember the next time I want to go taking something in, and the buttonholes are just a pinch too small, which I plan to attempt to fix.

Thirdly, I cut out the white broadcloth for my Persian bodice. I plan to put it together then add an overlay of the white eyelet because I don't have enough eyelet to cut out the front of the bodice using the pattern pieces. I guess that means that the broadcloth will sort of become the lining of the bodice. By the way, I need to see if I have a zipper....

AND I bought a sheet to use for the back of my beau's quilt! Its dark red (I wanted black) and I ended up having to buy a set because the store did not have separate sheets for sale. I figure I can use the fitted sheet and pillowcases for something, either a costume or for normal clothes. Red tiered gypsy skirt anyone? Or how about a petticoat?

Tomorrow, I would like to get mine and Miss Von Stoup's Confederate jackets cut out.

That's all for now! A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment