Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Progress on Marcon To Do List - Week of 4/25/2011

I cut out Miss Von Stoup's Confederate jacket earlier this week. It's a size or two larger than the size chart says she needs but seeing as she is rather, well, ample in the bosom area, I figured it was best to err on the side of the jacket being too large over too small. After all, it is a lot easier to take in than to let out.

My Persian steampunk skirt is almost finished. I fixed the waistband, sewed the center back seam with overlap notch, and finished the waistband with muslin lining. I still need to hand sew the waistband in place and sew the closures on before tackling the hem.

My Persian bodice is also almost finished. I hemmed it this evening, and stitched the overlay into place. All that needs done is the zipper (which I need to purchase) and a little handstitching -- the overlay needs stitched into place along the top.

What I still need to do this week:

  • Make sure Miss Von Stoup's skirt gets finished.
  • Start putting together our Confederate jackets.
  • Finish my Persian steampunk skirt and bodice.
  • And get at least one of the Captain's alterations done.

I think these weekly to do lists are working for me. I make progress a little at a time and steadily mark things off.

I feel rather accomplished.

Bonne nuit!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment