Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Marcon Prep: Corset Commission

First of all, I worked on my vest a little today, adding in more pink.

Secondly, I did the first of the alterations for the Captain. I took in the sides of a tunic, tapering out at the hem and the armholes and taking it almost two inches at the waist. The seam will need trimmed and finished, but I think I'd like him to try it on first... I looked at the vest that he needs repaired and decided that I just wasn't up for tricky hand sewing tonight.

Now for the corset work:

I put together the red and black cotton pieces for Rachel to try on when she can. I also stitched the white denim to the white and black cotton to flat line it.

I'm planning to open all the seams, press them, and create the boning channels in the denim. That way I can do two rows of boning on each seam and not have anything that's too bulky.

And of course I'm thinking about the Persian ensemble...

Bonne nuit, mes amis! Dormi bien!

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment