Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Daily To Do List - April 13, 2011

With Marcon swiftly approaching, I've decided to start daily to do lists. They may progress to weekly, but this one at least is what I'd like to accomplish this evening.

  • First of all, Rachel has a fitting for her corset tonight. Hopefully, I can get her corset to fit her perfectly, and then perhaps sew the cotton / denim pieces together.
  • Finish the Captain's Ren Faire tunic. I've already taken it in, but it lays a little odd. My plan is to cut off the excess fabric, see how it lays, redo the vents if it still lays oddly, and finish the seams.
  • I'd also like to repair his hooded vest, which has a seam that's starting to tear. That will be hand sewn.
  • I'd like to talk to Miss Dashwood about her Steamnun and what (if any) patterns she wants to use. I won't start her costume until Rachel's corset is finished, but I'd at least like to have a mental concept.
  • If possible, I'd like to work on my Persian steampunk vest. Perhaps put the lining together, as that will be the easiest part. And since I can't really do the brocade until I dye the silk faille since that will be the pocket facings as well as the skirt.
  • Maybe work on my Ottoman vest embroidery a little. I have all the pink around the outside edge finished, next up is either more spirals or pink around the armholes. I'm also probably going to be putting a little pink in with the spirals.
I think that's probably more than enough for this evening, don't you?

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

PS The vivandiere costume may not happen. I've rather lost interest and I'm feeling time crunched so I don't know if I want to take on another project, especially such a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment