Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Project Update!

Beau's Quilt: It's been lengthened. Up next is basting the edges and binding it, neither of which is likely to happen at the moment because I'm going to have to rearrange my sewing area (move a couple things off the sewing table and move the sewing table out from the wall so there's room to work on the quilt).

Christmas: I put the backing of my mother's wall hanging together and pinned everything together. The batting is pieced: one big piece in the middle with a narrower piece at each end (left over from trimming Beau's quilt). After pinning, I started to quilt it. I'm quilting it with a dark orange thread, I think it coordinates well with the fall palette of the applique. After the quilting's finished (which it may be this evening actually), I'll baste the edges and then move on to binding it.

Wall hanging in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment