I started packing last evening. Which translates to I threw some things in a bag and put costumes in my garment bag. I also figured out what I will likely be wearing to the Contraptions concert Thursday evening.
My to do list is rather small, but I still have things to work on:
- Miss Von Stoup's jacket - We had a fitting yesterday and it fit just fine. I need to cut out the collar and attach it. I'm thinking of finishing the edges with bias, but I need to run it by her first and then purchase some. But the fabric has a little stretch to it, so just hemming all the edges isn't going to turn out very well.
- The Captain's pants - I need to see if I can take them in, or if I should cry failure.
- Get fabric and safety pins for the Star Wars inspired togas that my beau and I plan to wear to the toga party. If we're still doing this.
- Shorten my Imperial Officer uniform skirt. Its not 501st acceptable anyways, so why not make it just a little shorter? I hate the current length.
- Help my fellow Archonite with her bustle if she needs it.
I also need to:
- Go to Sally Beauty to get bleach, dye and extensions
- Bleach and dye my hair
- Construct blonde pigtails from said extensions
- And research and plan FOUR panels for MARCon: Victorian 101; Steampunk around the world; Making a Bustle and Steampunk & Neo-Victoriana
- Oh and pack. I might just need to take care of that.
As I mentioned before, next week is very busy (concert Monday, work Tuesday, concert Thursday) so I need to get the majority of this finished this week and weekend.
Miss Leah J Wilde