The first thing I worked on tonight was Miss Dashwood's bustle -- it just needed a quickie repair after all. With that taken care of, I moved on to my beau's new vest.
I put together the lining then attached the lining to the outside, leaving a space to turn as is my usual. Curves were clipped, corners were trimmed, then I turned it, arranged everything accordingly and pinned the turning opening and the armholes. Those were stitched closed in the space of about two hours. Then I put eyelets in the belt, found some cording and tied the belt closed.
By the way, the belt idea came from A Tailor Made It - http://atailormadeit.blogspot.com/2011/05/19th-century-waistcoat-finished.html I saw this vest and fell in love and had to take inspiration from it.
All that's left is doing the buttonholes and sewing on the buttons. I found nice red buttons with a little detail around the outside. He'll likely wear it with a red tie, so red buttons (as well as red cording on the belt) seemed like a good option.
I'm a little sad that I didn't get to Miss Von Stoup's jacket, but I was slightly distracted by the "Four Days of Dragon*Con" documentary. I saw several people I know -- Miss Dashwood, the Captain and a couple that I know from the 501st. I think D*C is a valid excuse for not getting more done, but I am rather satisfied with my work so far.
Miss Leah J Wilde