Monday, May 9, 2011

MARCon To Do List - May 9, 2011

Hopefully I can get more done this week. My only plans are working tomorrow evening, hanging out with friends Friday evening, work Saturday and then clubbing. Sunday is plan free. So I should have plenty of time.

You know the drill. Recap of the last week:

  • I repaired Miss Dashwood's utility bustle.
  • I finished my beau's new vest before the photo shoot Sunday (and then he didn't go to the photo shoot).
  • I finished my Persian skirt.
  • We had a fitting for Miss Von Stoup's jacket but no more sewing has been done.
  • And I don't know about her skirt progress.
  • And it wasn't on my list but I worked on my jacket and my Persian hat. Both are coming along quite well.

And now for this week's to do list:

  • Finish my Confederate jacket. I need to put in the sleeves, hem the sleeves and the jacket and sew on snaps to close it. Then of course comes the buttons and braid...
  • Finish my Persian hat. This is almost done, I just need to put in elastic to hold it on my head and the turban-esque wrapping. I may add some decorations...
  • Work on Miss Von Stoup's Confederate jacket. This still needs a lot of work...taking in, facing needs put together and put on, collar needs put on, sleeves need put in, everything needs hemmed and then comes the braid and the buttons...
  • Do one of the Captain's alterations. I really need to get these finished.
  • If I get around to it, putting a zipper into Miss Dashwood's utility bustle so that the back bustle part is a functioning pocket.

What I need to do before Marcon -

  • Steampunk Confederate Vivandiere Uniforms - I need to finish both jackets and then see about putting on the braid and buttons before the convention.
  • Finishing the Captain's alterations
  • Finishing Steampunk Persian costume - Making the hat. And I need to name it.
  • Putting a zipper into Miss Dashwood's utility bustle.
  • NEW ADDITION - Mandarin inspired jacket for Miss Von Stoup and possibly a bustle as well.

In non-sewing news, before MARCon I need to:

  • Dye my hair - bleach it out and dye it a lighter shade of blonde
  • See if I can find extensions and make pigtails for Diamonds Are Forever
  • Research and prepare panel presentations. So far I'm doing Victorian 101 and Steampunk Around the World

After Marcon --

  • Pants to go with my Persian outfit. Deadline - June.
  • My playsuit / skirt combo. Deadline - Fourth of July.
  • Scarlet Spider for a fellow Archonite. Deadline - DragonCon
  • Fix my Ottoman costume. Deadline - DragonCon
  • Improve both the Confederate uniforms and the Persian outfit. Deadline - DragonCon

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment