You know the drill. Recap of the last week:
- I repaired Miss Dashwood's utility bustle.
- I finished my beau's new vest before the photo shoot Sunday (and then he didn't go to the photo shoot).
- I finished my Persian skirt.
- We had a fitting for Miss Von Stoup's jacket but no more sewing has been done.
- And I don't know about her skirt progress.
- And it wasn't on my list but I worked on my jacket and my Persian hat. Both are coming along quite well.
And now for this week's to do list:
- Finish my Confederate jacket. I need to put in the sleeves, hem the sleeves and the jacket and sew on snaps to close it. Then of course comes the buttons and braid...
- Finish my Persian hat. This is almost done, I just need to put in elastic to hold it on my head and the turban-esque wrapping. I may add some decorations...
- Work on Miss Von Stoup's Confederate jacket. This still needs a lot of work...taking in, facing needs put together and put on, collar needs put on, sleeves need put in, everything needs hemmed and then comes the braid and the buttons...
- Do one of the Captain's alterations. I really need to get these finished.
- If I get around to it, putting a zipper into Miss Dashwood's utility bustle so that the back bustle part is a functioning pocket.
What I need to do before Marcon -
- Steampunk Confederate Vivandiere Uniforms - I need to finish both jackets and then see about putting on the braid and buttons before the convention.
- Finishing the Captain's alterations
- Finishing Steampunk Persian costume - Making the hat. And I need to name it.
- Putting a zipper into Miss Dashwood's utility bustle.
- NEW ADDITION - Mandarin inspired jacket for Miss Von Stoup and possibly a bustle as well.
In non-sewing news, before MARCon I need to:
- Dye my hair - bleach it out and dye it a lighter shade of blonde
- See if I can find extensions and make pigtails for Diamonds Are Forever
- Research and prepare panel presentations. So far I'm doing Victorian 101 and Steampunk Around the World
After Marcon --
- Pants to go with my Persian outfit. Deadline - June.
- My playsuit / skirt combo. Deadline - Fourth of July.
- Scarlet Spider for a fellow Archonite. Deadline - DragonCon
- Fix my Ottoman costume. Deadline - DragonCon
- Improve both the Confederate uniforms and the Persian outfit. Deadline - DragonCon
Miss Leah J Wilde