As Marcon reminded me on Twitter this morning, 25 days til the convention.
Let the panic begin.
I have a busy week this week (concert tonight, work tomorrow and Thursday evenings and friends coming into town Friday night) so I don't know how much I'm going to get done. Unfortunately. So this is going to be a very conservative to do list.
First of all, a recap of what I accomplished last week:
- I asked Miss Von Stoup about her skirt and she plans to finish it this week.
- I cut out Miss Von Stoup's Confederate jacket.
- And I started working on the jackets. Both have the main body put together and mine has been fitted.
- My Persian steampunk skirt is almost finished.
- I put together my Persian bodice.
- And I still haven't worked on the Captain's alterations.
- Repair Miss Dashwood's utility bustle
- Finish my beau's new vest before the photo shoot Sunday - The main part has been put together, including darts, attaching the 'belt' at the side seams (it goes across the back), sewing on a pocket for his pocket watch and putting the lapels on before I did the shoulder and side seams. I need to cut another back out for the lining, put the lining together, insert it, hand stitch where necessary and then do the buttons and buttonholes.
- Finish my Persian skirt - Just needs the hem done.
- Fit Miss Von Stoup's jacket and take in where necessary. I plan to stop by her abode tomorrow after work for the fitting.
- Make sure she finishes her skirt.
What I need to do before Marcon -
- Steampunk Confederate Vivandiere Uniforms - I need to finish both jackets and then see about putting on the braid and buttons before the convention.
- Finishing the Captain's alterations
- Finishing Steampunk Persian costume - Hemming the skirt. Making the hat. And I need to name it.
- My playsuit / skirt combo. - Current idea is a navy playsuit with a red white and blue skirt. We're contemplating a trip to the lake for the Fourth and I just love the idea of a patriotic sundress to wear. And I can sunbathe in the playsuit without having to slather myself in sunscreen to protect my tattoos. Deadline - Fourth of July obviously.
- Scarlet Spider for a fellow Archonite. Deadline - DragonCon
- Fix my Ottoman costume. Deadline - DragonCon
- And probably improve both the Confederate uniforms and the Persian outfit. Deadline - DragonCon
- I want to make a pair of pants to go with my Persian outfit for our Steampunk Invasion of the Santa Maria that is planned for June. I'm thinking bloomers or possibly salwar... Deadline - June.
Miss Leah J Wilde