Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Progress on the Confederate Uniforms

Miss Von Stoup has been working on her skirt and estimates completion this evening or Thursday at the latest.

I worked on my jacket last evening, putting the sleeves together and putting them in. Then I tried the jacket on and realized...

I'd put the sleeves in incorrectly.

Sigh.

I'll have to take the stitching out and try again. Not. Happy.

I think the jackets are going to get topstitched. I have pins along the top of the jacket for this purpose.

I may have a fitting issue with the collar but its a little hard to tell with the gigantic sleeve issue.

After setting mine aside for the evening, I started taking in Miss Von Stoup's jacket. I got three of the four seams done and ran out of bobbin thread on the fourth. Already upset from my earlier issues, I turned off the machine and the light and left the room.

Last evening, Miss Von Stoup and I discussed the possibility of making her a Mandarin inspired jacket before MARCon. Our reasoning is that we have a "Steampunk Around the World" panel and she has nothing to wear. So its a definite possibility that our uniforms will not be complete (which I already suspected anyways). Oh well, we'll have them done and perfect for Dragon*Con.

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment