Thursday, March 8, 2012

Progress Update - March 8 2012

Gyspy steampunk by April 27th for Steampunk Empire Symposium

  • Skirt gore #1 is already embroidered, thanks to my mother
  • I just finished skirt gore #2 so...we're 1/3 of the way done!!!! EDIT gore #3 is about 1/2 way finished.
  • And I bought some more muslin for the petticoat yesterday (it was a remnant, too good to pass up)
  • Plans: Work on the embroidery and probably start the petticoat this weekend. I can wash the fabric and at least start cutting the tiers, if not gathering. I can't do the length, but I can work on the upper sections.

Skirt gore #2, completed!

Paris steampunk by April 27th for Steampunk Empire Symposium

  • We fit my bodice yesterday and it's too small: The front doesn't close at all and then Edwina noticed it was pulling pretty much everywhere. We're thinking I should go up a size to account for the lining, interlining and boning. So I get to re-trace the pattern.
  • Plans: Retrace a larger size of my basque pattern and start working on it, hopefully this weekend.

Playsuit / skirt combo by May 3rd for Florida trip

  • Bought Simplicity 2401 yesterday but didn't find any fabric I loved.
  • Plans: Start by checking my stash and seeing if I have anything I can use. Maybe that lilac linen would work for the playsuit or the skirt and then all I need is a coordinating fabric for the other.

I also need to put a new zipper on a vest for Beau this weekend, but that shouldn't take long.


No comments:

Post a Comment