Monday, March 19, 2012

March / April To Do List:
  • Gyspy steampunk by April 27th for Steampunk Empire Symposium
  • Paris steampunk by April 27th for Steampunk Empire Symposium
  • Playsuit / skirt combo by May 3rd for Florida trip

Current progress:

Gypsy Steampunk:

  • My skirt gores are embroidered and two are basted together. Mother has two skirt gores done. I'll be getting them from her no later than Easter.
  • The petticoat is mainly done. Three tiers have been gathered and stitched to a yoke.
  • The headscarf is wearable unless I decide to trim it.

Paris Steampunk:

  • The bodice is mainly cut out.
  • The overskirt is finished.

Playsuit:

  • The outer fabric is cut out.
  • And I'm thinking it'll match a skirt in my wardrobe, so no need to purchase more fabric.

What I still need to do:

Gypsy Steampunk:

  • Skirt: Put all the gores together, add a waistband and a closure (probably a hook and eye, center back closure). Hem it with polyester horsehair braid.
  • Petticoat: Rinse and dry bleached lace, then apply to tier #3. Add a waistband and side seam closure. Add the last (black) tier and hem it.
  • Headscarf: Trim the black lace triangle with black lace trim if necessary. Otherwise, it's currently usable.

Paris Steampunk:

  • Finish cutting out the bodice lining.
  • Put the bodice together.
  • Check my button stash for buttons.
  • I'm probably going to need to purchase a few things, maybe buttons or snap tape...

Playsuit:

  • Cut out the lining. I'm going to use white cotton, since it's already in my stash.
  • Check to see if it does in fact match my clockwork skirt like I think it will.
  • See if I have a zipper and thread that I can use, purchase them if I don't

Week of March 19, 2012 To Do List:

  • Rinse and dry bleached lace, then apply to tier #3 of the petticoat.
  • Add a waistband and side seam closure to the petticoat.
  • Decide if I'm trimming the lace headscarf or not.
  • Start putting the basque bodice together.
  • Check my button stash for buttons for the basque.
  • Cut out the lining for my playsuit.
  • Check to see if the playsuit does in fact match my clockwork skirt like I think it will.
  • See if I have a zipper and thread that I can use for the playsuit
  • If I can, start putting the playsuit together

No rest for the wicked!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment