- Gyspy steampunk by April 27th for Steampunk Empire Symposium
- Paris steampunk by April 27th for Steampunk Empire Symposium
- Playsuit / skirt combo by May 3rd for Florida trip
- My skirt gores are embroidered and two are basted together. Mother has two skirt gores done. I'll be getting them from her no later than Easter.
- The petticoat is mainly done. Three tiers have been gathered and stitched to a yoke.
- The headscarf is wearable unless I decide to trim it.
- The bodice is mainly cut out.
- The overskirt is finished.
- The outer fabric is cut out.
- And I'm thinking it'll match a skirt in my wardrobe, so no need to purchase more fabric.
What I still need to do:
- Skirt: Put all the gores together, add a waistband and a closure (probably a hook and eye, center back closure). Hem it with polyester horsehair braid.
- Petticoat: Rinse and dry bleached lace, then apply to tier #3. Add a waistband and side seam closure. Add the last (black) tier and hem it.
- Headscarf: Trim the black lace triangle with black lace trim if necessary. Otherwise, it's currently usable.
- Finish cutting out the bodice lining.
- Put the bodice together.
- Check my button stash for buttons.
- I'm probably going to need to purchase a few things, maybe buttons or snap tape...
- Cut out the lining. I'm going to use white cotton, since it's already in my stash.
- Check to see if it does in fact match my clockwork skirt like I think it will.
- See if I have a zipper and thread that I can use, purchase them if I don't
Week of March 19, 2012 To Do List:
- Rinse and dry bleached lace, then apply to tier #3 of the petticoat.
- Add a waistband and side seam closure to the petticoat.
- Decide if I'm trimming the lace headscarf or not.
- Start putting the basque bodice together.
- Check my button stash for buttons for the basque.
- Cut out the lining for my playsuit.
- Check to see if the playsuit does in fact match my clockwork skirt like I think it will.
- See if I have a zipper and thread that I can use for the playsuit
- If I can, start putting the playsuit together
No rest for the wicked!