What I did yesterday --
Pinned together all my corset pieces, so they're ready for the sewing machine! Basted the zipper into the lining so I can fit it. I put the zipper in backwards so that the seams will be exposed, making it easier for me to take in the corset where it needs to be altered.
Pinned and sewed together the pieces of my bustle. I also cut a strip of white sateen to finish off the raw edge. That was pinned and sewed as well, just needs hand stitched into place.
Finished the edges where the apron front connects to the apron back. I used bias cut from left over red and white stripes from my parents' aprons. This was all hand stitched into place, then tacked down under the apron front at the ends. I also hand stitched the lace trim onto the hem of the apron.
I'm going to need to purchase some ribbon -- I only have a little bit of what I was going to use so it either needs to be matched and more bought, or I need to find something else to use entirely.
All in all, I feel that everything is coming along quite swimmingly. Once the bustle and corset are finished, I'll move on to my brother's pajamas and then it will be back to working on HQ to finish the jacket, skirt and top hat.
Miss Leah J Wilde