Well my dear readers, my HQ petticoat is almost complete! Tuesday I handstitched on the waistband (I particularly like the red waistband with the black and white stripes!) and pinned the polyester braid to the hem. Last night, I sewed on the polyester braid and finished the hem. All that's left to do is sew on the closure at the waistband!
I also cut out my HQ bustle. It's my own design, so fingers crossed it works! I plan to have a standard two part bustle - the actual bustle and the front apron drape. I discovered that the print of my fabric is not perfect (aka not straight) and I'm hoping that the slight deviations don't negatively impact my outfit.
Last night after working on my petticoat, I cut out the flannel for my sister in law's pajama pants. I had to take off a couple inched of length to get the pattern to fit -- the fabric apparently shrunk when I washed it. I then sewed them together (side seam, inside leg seam then crotch seam) and put in the elastic casing for the waistband. All I plan to do at this point is thread the elastic through and leave it to be sized to her. I'm also leaving them unhemmed -- she's rather tiny in the height department so I'd much rather have her try them on and pin the hem than try to guess how long they need to be.
In my sewing basket today - (1) HQ petticoat and closure (2) pajama pants and elastic and (3) the fabric for my corset and bustle -- I probably won't cut it out at work, but I might do it on lunch so I figured I'd bring it.
That's all for today!
Miss Leah J Wilde
PS - I took some photos of my petticoat yesterday but forgot the cords to post them via my work computer. I have failed you yet again, Miss Dashwood.