Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas and Ohayocon Prep 9

I made little progress this weekend sadly. Thursday was consumed with going to my grandparents' in Indiana (see my genealogy blog for more info). Friday and Saturday I worked 2 to close and 3 to close respectively. Getting off work that late does not put me in a sewing mood. All I managed to work on this weekend was cutting.

Before work on Saturday, I cut out Cliff's pajama pants. And have a TON of fabric left over. I'm totally thinking it might be used to make myself a comfy little skirt. Or maybe I'll make myself some pajama pants, or sleep shorts, oooh or bloomers.... I'll find something, no worries.

Also on Saturday, I cut out the red half of my HQ skirt. Its a rather complicated process because I have to think about which side of my body that particular color goes on and cut the fabric accordingly. Last night, I cut out the red half of the jacket, the black half of the skirt and some of the black half of the jacket. And I grossly overestimated my fabric yardage. Oh well, 'tis better to overestimate than underestimate and run out, don't you agree my dearests?

My beau said that the black would make a nice vest. I turned to him and said "I can make you one, I'll have enough left over." So some of that will be used at least. I'm thinking I may make a long skirt out of the red (maybe both) to give me a second underskirt option for my HQ outfit.

Last night I purchased ribbon to trim the corset and the bustle. It was difficult finding something because of the particular shade of red I'm working with. An employee at the fabric store suggested I used the really narrow ribbon because then it will be less obvious that it does not match. I forsee a lot of tedious hand stitching over the next week or so. I hope to get some done at work today and if not, then maybe I can start it tonight.

Plans for tonight -- I'd like to finish cutting out my HQ jacket, put together Cliff's pajama pants and start hand stitching ribbon onto my corset.

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde
Steam-stress of the Airship Archon

No comments:

Post a Comment