Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekend Sewing and What I'd Like to Get Done this Week

This weekend: I worked on panel number four of my crazy quilt skirt and it is almost finished. I also worked on my corset - I basted the front seam of the lining for fitting and fitted the corset. It is much to large. I'm going to have to take several inches out of the center back seam.

A trip to Joanns yielded two yards of black pleather ribbon with eyelets for my corset straps, two yards of white ruffled grosgrain ribbon for my Harley Quinn cuffs, and a few things for my elf punk fascinator hat. I tried to find something brown for my corset, but didn't find anything I liked.

I made my elf punk hat -- I started with an old CD and cut two pieces of padding, one for each side. Then I cut two circles of the bustle fabric a little larger than the CD size and stitched them down to cover the padding. Next, I added two white taffeta flowers, a large red poinsetta, red tulle and green feathers. I tried to add some white and or gold beads, but I couldn't figure out where to put them or how to attach them. The final step was to add some white elastic cord to hold it onto my head. I'm planning to wear it tilted on my head.


Elf punk hat, sitting flat but will be worn tilted.

I finished my Christmas stocking and hung both it and Beau's stocking up.

To Do List for December 4, 2011:
1. Toaster cover for my father's Christmas present
2. Find the embroidery thread for my mother
3. Finish panel number four of my crazy quilt skirt
4. Take in the corset to fit

It's a conservative list, but with my work schedule and with going home next weekend, that's all I can probably manage over the next week. If possible, I'd love to work more on the corset, the skirt and maybe even start my Harley Quinn cuffs and collar.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment