Monday, December 19, 2011

Corset Progress and Other Things


I did finally make that freaking toaster cover! Easiest Christmas gift ever by the way, I just hope my papa likes it.

I've been working on my gypsy corset vest. I finished stitching the eyelet pleather trim to the brown binding and have stitched most of the layered trim on. I picked out buckles but they only had one so I need to get another. The buckle I purchased is attached, so one side of the corset is pretty much done!

What I still need to do: Purchase and attach the second buckle. Put a zipper in the front. Stitch the lining to the outside at the center back and at the shoulders. Make boning channels along the center back and insert bones into all the channels. Make the binding and bind the remaining edges. Put in eyelets in the back (and Beau found a set of eyelet pliers at the house!)

I've also been working on my comic book Harley Quinn improvements: The collar is put together and just needs hooks and eyes to hold it on and the pom poms attached. It's not perfect, but its the best I'm gonna be able to do for now. I put together the cuffs -- white taffeta base and five rows of pleated trim -- so all I need are closures of some sort. I'm thinking snaps.

There has been no progress on the crazy quilt skirt.

So my to do list:
1. Finish the corset.
2. Finish the Harley Quinn collar and cuffs.
3. Make a Santa coat sleeve for Beau.
4. Finish the last two gores of the crazy quilt skirt.

And once all that's done, I can start working on the patterns Beau got me for my birthday. He got me two Truly Victorian patterns I asked for: the vest basque and the square overskirt. Current plans are to make them out of bright pink satin trimmed in black to wear with my black underskirt. However, rumor has it I have more patterns on the way, so those plans may change. I really really really wanna start on them, but I know that the other projects come first which is why I spent time working on them this weekend. :)

Beau bought me the square overskirt


and the vest basque patterns.


Aren't they just beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment