Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Weekend Sewing

One -- the Harley Quinn cuffs are finished. Beau disapproves of my snaps, and wants me to have a back up of velcro and elastic underneath. I may take his suggestion, but it would have been nice to have said suggestion BEFORE I messed with the snaps.

Two -- I washed all the materials for my gypsy steampunk scarf: black bandanna, several kinds of black lace and two colors of ribbon. Should be fun to put together.

Three -- I finished panel number FIVE of my crazy quilt skirt.

Four -- I went through my new patterns (Beau gave me two more for Christmas! The wash overskirt and the asymmetrical overskirt) and thought about what I wanted to do with them. I have some plans percolating in my mind.

Of course, I'm rather tempted to abandon the gypsy steampunk for the time being and move on to the new patterns. All I really want to get done at this point is the last gore for my crazy quilt skirt and probably the corset. The scarf is an accessory and can wait, the petticoat can also wait. After all, there's little reason to finish everything when the skirt is going to take weeks, if not months, for mother to embroider. So if I at least finish the skirt gores, I'll feel like moving on. But I probably should finish the corset before I start tackling the complicated patterns.

I also sewed a loose button back on my brother's coat. He shows up for Christmas., hugs me, tells me he loves me, then asks if I can fix his button. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment