Friday, January 11, 2013

To Do List! (bustles and overskirts and petticoats oh my)

A little progress...Finally got the Harley Quinn neck ruff to work (at least as well as its going to), and I pieced the baby quilt last night.  I also prewashed the green cotton that's slated for stays lining and my new bustle, the pink and white stripe for my new underwear and the swiss dot that I don't know what I'm doing with it yet.

Projects with deadlines:

Baby quilt - deadline ASAP but my cousin is due in April. This is pieced, just need to buy batting, pin it, machine quilt it, then make and do the binding which will likely at least be partially done by hand. 

Lobster tail bustle from American Duchess' tutorial - deadline February 11 (for the Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge)

Wash overskirt bedecked in trimmings - deadline February 25 (for the Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge) Planning to do the grey silvery satin again, to match my bodice and skirt, and use the black and silver plaid for trimmings. Probably ruffles, maybe use some trimming ideas I found on Your Wardrobe Unlocked. I wouldn't be surprised by some lace, ribbon and or braid either. I should probably get started on this actually...

Pink and white underwear set - deadline March 25 (for the Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge). Going to make a petticoat with detachable back ruffles, and likely a ruffle at the hem, along with a 'chemise' of sorts to wear with it, as well as a white underbust corset. Planning some white ribbon and lace as trim.

Easter dress - deadline March 31. Wow, Easter is early this year! This is still a maybe.

18th Century pockets - deadline April 9 (for the Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge) These should be pretty easy, unless I decide to embroider them (which I probably should...)

A 20s inspired dress to go see The Great Gatsby in - deadline: May 20

Projects without deadlines:

18th century outfit, probably the stays first since I already have the fabric, just need a pattern.

Keeper of the Keys underbust corset

Embroidered quilt (embroidery is almost done!)

Quilts and pillowcases for Soldiers Angels

Weekend projects? Hopefully the overskirt, but I could see myself working on the petticoat instead, cuz that's what I want to work on...

No comments:

Post a Comment