Saturday, January 5, 2013

Accepting the Historical Sew Fortnightly Challenge

So, as you may or may not already know, the Dreamstress is hosting The Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge this year. That's 26 challenges over the year. I definitely know that I can't manage all 26 but I'm gonna try to get at least a few of them...

She's only posted seven so far, but here's a breakdown of what I'm going to try to do:
  • #3: Under it all – due Feb 11.  -- I'm thinking that lobster tail bustle would be perfect for this. As long as I can hunt down some stash fabric for it...
  • #4: Embellish –  due Feb 25.  --- If possible, the wash overskirt I've been meaning to make bedecked in trimmings. I should probably start this sooner rather than later, to allow for the bedecking...
  • #6: Stripes - due March 25. --- No idea what I'd do for this one. I just freaking love stripes. :)
  • #7: Accessorize – due April 9.  -- 18th century pockets 
If I'm gonna do this, I should probably get started on either the bustle or the overskirt. I have a feeling that the embellishments I have planned might take a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment