First up? Projects that need finished and or improved.
- Our Confederate vivandiere uniforms. The sleeves need set into both jackets. All the hems need finished. And then we need to add the trim and buttons.
- I need to finish the embroidery (at least the border) on my Ottoman vest so I can wear that costume again. I have been working on it.
- I also need to finish fixing the bustle for my Ottoman costume.
- I need to make the pants for my Persian costume. I may take some of the green silk faille from the skirt hem to make the cuffs and waistband. Or see if I can find fabric the same color to use.
- I'd like to finish the Time Machine Purse for my Time Traveler.
- And I also want to add diamonds to my Harley Quinn comic costume so its more accurate.
- I need to finish my beau's Joker costume. The pants need hemmed. The jacket needs buttons and buttonholes. And I'm probably going to have to take everything in.
- And I need to put pockets on my beau's kilt or make him a pouch to go with it.
Okay, now for new projects that need completed:
- My playsuit combo. I think I'm going to change the bodice pattern. Adapting the walkaway dress bodice isn't going to work.
- Scarlet Spider costume for Prof. Watt
- Post apocalyptic costume for Miss Von Stoup
- Steampunk Rosetta costume for Miss Von Stoup to go with my steampunk Tinkerbell
- And a couple more costumes for Miss Von Stoup -- a polanaise out of a black and silver damask print and maybe something more out of the blue Chinese print we used for her Asian inspired jacket.
- I may try to make a Simi costume or a Star Trek costume for myself but doubt it'll happen.
And what I'm taking to the beau's for the weekend:
- Confederate uniforms.
- Ottoman vest
- Persian pants
- Joker costume
- Patterns for the Scarlet Spider, kilt and playsuit to think about what I need to purchase for each project
I realize everything won't get finished this weekend, but at least I'll have plenty to work on.
I've also been thinking about what costumes to take to Dragon*Con. And haven't been able to decide anything. As usual.
So much to do. And only 83 days left to do it in.
Miss Leah J Wilde