I finished stitching the purple ruffle on the bodice. Now all I need to do is sew on the green ribbon.
I tried the white lace trim both under and over the purple ruffle on the underskirt. Neither appealed. Under it just looked like the petticoat was showing. And it wouldn't lay right over. So I abandoned the idea. At least for now.
I put together the apron of the overskirt. Sewed the side pieces to the front, pleated the sides in accordance with the pattern markings and attached the apron back. Those pieces will fasten on top of the bustle pillow. Then I started the trimming process - used what was left of the purple ruffle from the bodice to edge the bottom of the apron, then layered white lace over top. I plan to add green ribbon as well, but that will have to be hand sewn.
That's it for today.
Miss Leah J. Wilde