Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time Traveler Entry #11

Dearest readers,

Today I hemmed the top and the bottom of my ruffle for the bottom of my skirt. Which by the way somehow ended up not all the same width...oh well, I doubt anyone will notice. It will be at my feet after all. And I believe that if anyone is looking close enough to notice a little mistake, then they are looking too closely. And its rather unseemly to look that close, don't you agree? Anyways, after hemming both sides with a narrow hem, I divided it into eight roughly even sections. Then I stitched along one side with a basting stitch using heavy thread (button and craft thread to be exact) in the bobbin. This allows for the heavy thread to be pulled to ruffle the fabric without breaking. I broke the stitching at each section in order for the gathering to be a bit easier. Next I divided the underskirt into eight sections as well, matched up the section divides and proceeded to gather the ruffle to fit the skirt. Its not perfect but no one is after all, so I accept its imperfections. I then stitched down the ruffle and removed all the pins. I'm in the process of removing the gathering stitch but set it aside in the interest of sleep.

Next up will be adding white lace. I can't decide if its going at the top of the ruffle or underneath the ruffle on the underskirt or both. But that decision will wait because I am very tired.

Bonne nuit!

Miss Leah J. Wilde

EDIT Photo added



Underskirt with ruffle attached

No comments:

Post a Comment