Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time Traveler #16 and a sewing commission

Hello darlings!

First of all, I finally purchased some dark purple satin to make ruffles for the underskirt of my time traveler costume. I got a little over two yards of fabric, folded it in half and cut it into strips. So I have two lengths of satin about 4 yards long and 9 inches wide. One strip has been hemmed on both sides and trimmed with white lace which I sewed on my machine using a zigzag stitch. I started pinning on the green ribbon but didn't finish it. Now the decision comes of whether I hand sew on the ribbon to match the rest of the dress trimming or if I just machine stitch so it'll be faster.

I'm also working on a sewing commission. It's for a contest so I can't give details but yesterday I cut out the pattern and today I sewed it together. Its knit fabric so I used a ball point needle and a zigzag stitch.

That's all for now! A bientot!

Miss Leah J. Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment