Friday, September 14, 2012

The Quilting Bug, It Has Bitten Me

Seriously, it has.

I'm going to start two ziploc bags for my quilting fabric pieces. One for the Ohio Star quilt I've already started cutting out pieces for. And one for pieces for a charm quilt.

I really really really wanna make a charm quilt. And I'd say to tell me I'm insane and to stop me but you know that won't do any good. lol I can also hear some faint queries of  "What is a charm quilt?" Basically a quilt made up of a TON of pieces, all in the same shape (squares, triangles, etc), and without any repeating. This website has a cool little brief history. Originally, women swapped squares with friends so if anyone wants to join me on this adventure, let me know and we'll start swapping!

I'm thinking maybe 4 inch squares for my charm quilt. Lots and lots of little four inch squares...Like probably around 1,000.

A thousand different fabrics. 

Long term goals, I have them.

2 comments:

  1. I would be happy to send you a few of my scraps. I have some really nice scraps. Just let me know if you would like to have them. I'm always looking for a good home for them! I don't want any in return though as quilting is just not something I want to do too much of. Enjoy your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would adore that! I'll shoot an email when I get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete