Friday, April 13, 2012

Change of Plans

After thinking about it and talking it over with my dear mother, I have decided to make some changes in my sewing plans.

Since I'm worried about not getting the pink Paris bodice done for the Symposium, I'm just marking it off my list. My mother made the excellent point that if I rush, I'm not going to do my best.

So the plan is:

  • Finish the accessories for steampunk Roma: decorate clip on purse, gather jewelry and do something with my fake coins.
  • Finish putting together the playsuit: stitching lines on the back, elastic, sewing sides to back and front, then sewing the bodice to the shorts.
  • Blanket stitch the fleece blanket edges.
  • Make a black lace mask for the masquerade. I'll probably wear some combination of my silver plaid wardrobe, but my mother made another excellent point that a black lace mask would be easily worn with about anything.
  • After the Symposium, put a zipper in the playsuit. And see about that sarong.

How many sewing days I left: just four weekend days and three or four evenings. And about two weeks worth of lunch breaks.

This weekend, I plan to focus on the playsuit first, then work on my costume accessories, mask and the blanket. I think not finishing the Paris outfit is a good choice, given the time constraints.

No comments:

Post a Comment