Since I'm worried about not getting the pink Paris bodice done for the Symposium, I'm just marking it off my list. My mother made the excellent point that if I rush, I'm not going to do my best.
So the plan is:
- Finish the accessories for steampunk Roma: decorate clip on purse, gather jewelry and do something with my fake coins.
- Finish putting together the playsuit: stitching lines on the back, elastic, sewing sides to back and front, then sewing the bodice to the shorts.
- Blanket stitch the fleece blanket edges.
- Make a black lace mask for the masquerade. I'll probably wear some combination of my silver plaid wardrobe, but my mother made another excellent point that a black lace mask would be easily worn with about anything.
- After the Symposium, put a zipper in the playsuit. And see about that sarong.
How many sewing days I left: just four weekend days and three or four evenings. And about two weeks worth of lunch breaks.
This weekend, I plan to focus on the playsuit first, then work on my costume accessories, mask and the blanket. I think not finishing the Paris outfit is a good choice, given the time constraints.