Monday, October 4, 2010

Sewing Project Updates

Wow, its been a month since I last posted. I really need to be better about this blog.

1 - Princess Leia: Fully lined. Figured out how to do the hem but haven't done it yet. When I went to do the collar however, I realized that I messed up the neckline. I plan to add a piece so that the neckline fits correctly even though it will destroy my chances of using this costume to join the Rebel Legion, but I'm okay with that - I only planned to join because I figured why not just go ahead and join if the dress met their specs. So to finish I need to - fix the neckline, do the collar and hem the dress.

2 - Still need to do a hat for my Harley Quinn costume.

3 - Started my Halloween costume. I'm layering a sheer sparkle organza in a light green over a darker green satin. It looks beautiful but the layering process is a little annoying -- I cut two of each pattern piece - one satin, one organza. Then they're basted together along the edges to be used as one piece of fabric. Not a complicated process, just a bit time consuming. I have part of the skirt done, just need to do the bustle part of it and hem the front apron. Then I still have the blouse and the underbust corset (white pleather lined with muslin and boned) to finish. Hopefully neither will take too long. I promise to take and post some pictures so everyone can see the pretty pretty fabrics I'm using.

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment