Last night I took in a jersey for a friend. Then I worked on my Halloween costume, which is coming along just swimmingly. :) The top is pretty much done, just need to figure out what I'm doing with the sleeves. The pattern calls for elastic but I'm tempted to leave them kinda poofy... I used 1/4 inch elastic along the top and 1/2 non roll elastic along the bottom. I thought it'd be better to hold the top down while I'm moving around. All that's left to do on the skirt is hand sewing on snaps and hooks and eyes. I tried the bottom layer idea I had and didn't like the way it turned out, so I just hemmed the second layer of the bustle and called it done.
So all I have to do is (1) figure out the sleeves and either hem them or put elastic in (2) hand sew closures on the skirt and (3) make the underbust corset. I'm also planning to make a little choker necklace to wear as well.
That's all for now, a bientot!
Miss Leah J Wilde