Bonjour mes amis!
Well, I got quite a bit done this weekend.
Instead of going with a half circle as the base for my bustle, I decided to just put a waistband along the top. It lays better that way. I used a couple left over pieces to make the first layer of the bustle, which was pleated down to the length of the waistband. The two were stitched together and the waistband was folded down to finish the edge. I cut out both pieces for the next layer and stitched them together, sheer over satin. Then I stitched a gathering stitch along the top edge and gathered it to match the bottom of layer #1. Layer number 3 has been started - I took what was left of the sheer, cut it in two and sewed the two pieces together along a selvage edge. My plan is to fold it in half lengthwise, put a gathering stitch along the top and connect it to the bottom of layer two.
I also worked on the bodice. I basted the sheer to the satin. On the front, I folded the satin down so that some cleavage will be exposed through the sheer. Then I attached the sleeves and sewed the side seams. Next came stitching the elastic casings along the top and the bottom.
Still left to do -- (1) finish the bustle (2) finish the blouse - elastic and (3) make the underbust corset. Not too shabby.
Miss Leah J Wilde