Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pink Suedecloth Skirt

I started my pink suedecloth skirt tonight. It has been cut out and a few things stitched. I had to be creative with the cutting. I unfolded the fabric and then folded up just enough to cut out the front and back along the fold (it has a side zipper). Then I had to cut out the ruffle one piece at a time instead of both at the same time to make it fit. I managed to get one facing cut out fine, but the second facing had to be cut in two pieces instead of along the fold and then seamed together.

I pinned and sewed the darts in the front and back pieces. I stitched together the facing that had to be cut into two pieces. I also stitched the side seams of the flounce and stay stitched the top of it.

Hmmm I need to name this skirt...Pretty in Pink? Maybe not, too cliche. Oooh I know - its my Think Pink skirt! Cute, catchy and references one of my favorite movies of all time -- Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.

So my skirt is started. Next up will be the side seams, the zipper, attaching the flounce and facings and then hemming it. I very well might finish it on my next day off.

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment