Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just a couple things...

Last night I was planning on working on my corset commission for a lovely man named Bob. Yes readers you read that right -- I'm sewing a corset for a man. Its for a charity drag show that he participates in every year.

Well, as I pulled out my materials to start working, I noticed the pattern size on envelope -- 6, 8, 10. As Bob is a pretty normal sized man, I need to be using a much larger pattern size for him so the pattern and receipt were slid into my bag for exchange and I was left without a project.

I decided to pull out the City Bluescape skirt and pin the hem. I contemplated stitching it, but really was not in the mood for it. Instead, I pulled out the pants for the Joker costume and worked on pinning the underlining to the fabric. I pinned four tabs, four waistband pieces and the fly pieces. All that's left to pin are the trouser legs.

I work a double today, but I'm hoping to get out early enough that I can cut out the corset pattern before bed. Then tomorrow or this weekend -- the mockup!

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

PS I brought the book my father loaned me to work today -- The Fighting Men of the Civil War. So if I have the time and inclination, I can start research for our costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment