Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Success!

Denim high waisted shorts? DONE.

Pink high waisted shorts? DONE.

Black circle skirt trimmed with black and red plaid? Also DONE. The most challenging part of this skirt was piecing together scraps of the plaid to have enough bias for the hem. I mean, they were SCRAPS. Definitely one of the most frugal things I've ever sewn! I did go for the non-wrap skirt option, with a half elastic waist in the back. I used a Butterick reprint dress pattern for the skirt, and that's the way the dress is done so I figured it made sense to do the skirt the same way.

And my mom's skirt just needs the added bits to be hemmed, which shouldn't take long. Her skirt is difficult for me, because it's hard to imagine what it'll look like on when her body type is so different from mine. So fingers crossed it works out well.

I also: Cleaned my room. Cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes. And started packing for vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment