Monday, March 18, 2013

What Miss Wilde Is Sewing Now - March 2013

Since we're a little over halfway through March, I figured it was time for a update post on 2013 sewing plans.
 
Here's my sewing wishlist from the beginning of the year:
  1. Try out a few tutorials I've seen online... Like American Duchess' Lobster Tail Bustle and the Butterfly Bustle Drape on Your Wardrobe Unlocked 
  2.  Finally make the Alison swimsuit from BurdaStyle that I downloaded a while ago.
  3. 1884 Wash Overskirt from Truly Victorian.
  4. A Natural Form Victorian dress. I've been looking at patterns on Truly Victorian, but haven't decided on what I want to do yet.
  5. An 18th century costume, starting with the stays.
  6. A Regency outfit, probably a dress and spencer, based off of Simplicity 4055
Of these, I've pretty much done nothing. I did start the lobster tail, but I haven't finished it.

Updated to do list:

  1. Lobster tail bustle from American Duchess' tutorial - deadline April 26 for the Steampunk Empire Symposium.
  2. Pink and white underwear set - deadline March 25 (for the Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge). If you're a regular reader, you know that the chemise and petticoat are finished and the corset just needs the lace trim sewn on and laces. If anyone has a source for white or pink boot laces, let me know!
  3. 18th Century pockets - deadline April 9 (for the Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge) These should be pretty easy, unless I decide to embroider them (which I probably should...)
  4. A 20s inspired dress to go see The Great Gatsby in - deadline: May 20
  5. A plethora of new work clothes (since I am soooo tired of what I have to wear now):
    1. Pants out of comic print fabric. Already started on construction! Old UFO, it'll be good to get these made.
    2. Black corduroy pencil skirt trimmed in floral corduroy. As a bonus, I could wear this with my floral corduroy jacket. This is a UFO, already cut out and pinned for construction to start.
    3. Asymmetrical wrap skirt made from a taupe suiting. Another already cut out UFO, pinned for construction. I'm a bit nervous about this one actually, the fabric is some kind of weave that doesn't seem super stable...
    4. Turning a dress into a skirt. All I need to do is put on a waistband of some sort. Right now I'm thinking white satin ribbon that ties in the back.
    5. Purple cotton sleeveless sheath dress. Another cut out UFO, pinned for construction to start.
    6. This past weekend I cut out another pencil skirt from a narrow striped colorful corduroy and pinned it for sewing. 
    7. I also have two other fabrics picked out, but I'm not sure what I'm doing with them yet.
  6. Long term project is the 18th century costume. I'd like to get started on the stays, probably once all of the above is finished.
  7. And I need to put together my embroidered quilt
  8. I also have three commissions set up:
    1. A quilt for a friend from finishing school, no deadline
    2. A costume for a client I met through a friend of a friend, deadline is July
    3. A costume for a friend, deadline is Steampunk Empire Symposium. (need to get started on this one)
So the current sewing is the corset for the pink and white steampunk underwear, the work clothes and the new bustle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment