Monday, March 11, 2013

A Little Update...

First of all, check out  my Instagram for lots of inprogress photos of current projects! My username is midnyghtsnow

Now, despite being sick last week (I caught some 24 hour stomach flu that I'm STILL recovering from), I managed to get quite a bit done.

1. The ruffled panel and the petticoat for my pink and white steampunk underwear are DONE. All that's left now is the corset...

2. Which I have worked on, a lot. It's put together, boned, and I finished the binding yesterday. Next up is the eyelets (once I fix a little problem - I didn't really leave room for said eyelets where they should go...) and then the flossing and probably the trimming. Contemplating trimming it out in pink lace that I have that is pretty much the exact some shade of pink to match the chemise and petticoat.

3. I also pulled out a few UFOs and some stash fabric to work on making some new clothes for work. In the picture above, you can see a pencil skirt pattern (I'm working on a black corduroy trimmed in floral corduroy version, and I may be making one out of the narrow stripe in the picture as well), another skirt pattern that is cut out of a taupe suiting, a dress that I made years ago that never fit (I cut the top and skirt apart, gonna add a waistband to the skirt and maybe repurpose the bodice as well), another dress pattern that was cut out of purple cotton, and a pair of pants out of the coolest fabric -- comic print. I also have some turquoise corduroy that I want to make a skirt out of and a white and black silky material that I think wants to be a blouse...

No comments:

Post a Comment