Monday, February 27, 2012

Progress on 2012 Sewing Goals

Now for the sewing goals -- costuming.
  1. Finish my gypsy steampunk ensemble. Progress: The skirt gores are all pieced and the corset is pretty much done, it's wearable at least. I still don't know how much embroidery my mother is doing and how much I am responsible for, but I started embroidering the gore in my possession. So right now, we need to worry about embroidering all six panels, and then putting them together in a skirt. Then I need to finish the headscarf and make the petticoat, which I can't do until the skirt's done. Original deadline: end of April for the Steampunk Empire Symposium. Current deadline: Unknown.
  2. 1875 Square Overskirt (Truly Victorian) in black and silver plaid. DONE.
  3. Pink and black steampunk ensemble. Progress: The overskirt is pretty much done, all it needs is a closure. I'll be starting the bodice next, once I have my measurements. I went with a Paris theme for the costume and am using a Paris print cotton in black and white in conjunction with the pink satin. Original deadline: None. Current deadline: Steampunk Empire Symposium if its possible.
  4. An underbust corset out of left over key print flannel to wear with my Keeper of the Keys skirt and a blouse for steam casual events - Haven't started this yet. Thought about it yesterday, but couldn't find the pattern I wanted to use. I may just need to pull out the cincher I want to duplicate and trace it.

No deadlines:

  1. 1884 Wash Overskirt.
  2. Sari inspired head to toe Victorian ensemble.
  3. Female Joker. This might end up not being a steampunk costume...
  4. Natural form Victorian costume.
  5. An 18th century costume.
  6. A French Huguenot costume.
  1. A Victorian bathing suit. I'm taking this one off the list. I'm running out of time, with the Symposium only two months away and two major costumes to finish before then. And other things going on in my life.

Other sewing goals:

  1. Baby quilt for my new niece or nephew. Deadline: sometime between September and Christmas. The current idea is to make a quilt for Minnow to grow into, so there's no rush to have it done by the due date.
  2. New snowtrooper coat for Beau.
  3. Unmentionable bag for Beau.
  4. Maybe some Star Wars pajamas for Beau.
  5. New retro sundresses. Maybe one from a cupcake pring.
  6. A playsuit with removable skirt
  7. Flannel quilt
  8. I have some Spiderman flannel that wants to be pajama pants. - DONE
  9. Nativity printed cotton dress or skirt
  10. A circle skirt out of Halloween pin up fabric.
  11. A high waisted skirt from my retro jumper pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment