Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time Traveler Entry #22

The 'time traveler' is almost complete! I hand sewed the waistband onto the underskirt, including gathering the back by hand. Hooks and eyes have been sewn onto the apron closure, the waistband closure, and to the waistband tabs and bustle waistband so that the two can be connected. I cut the sleeves of the jacket to above the elbow and finished the edge. I thought about trimming them but decided that I liked them better plain, plus the lace I have been using as trim would be rather scratchy right up against the skin. I also started sewing the roman shade tape to the underside of the bustle.

What is left to be done (1) finish sewing the roman shade tape and (2) add the ruffles to the bottom of the underskirt. And of course the prop.

I'm feeling rather accomplished and on top of things at the moment. And my accomplishment quickly fades when I realize that I only have 30 days to (1) finish 'time traveler' (2) make Miss Dashwood's items (3) make a hat for Harley Quinn (4) make a belt for Leia and (5) make matching pajama pants for me and Miss Dashwood. The last isn't a requirement but I'd really like to do them before the convention.

A bientot mes amis!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment