Thursday, April 22, 2010

Time Traveler Entry #21

I started to put together the prop! Just a tiny thing, and I've begun gathering bits and bobs for it. I really should go shopping...but I really don't know where to go...

As for my dress, the bustle is for the most part finished. I sewed the outer bustle to the lining tonight. Then flipped it and topstitched along the top of the ruffles. Then I basted at the top before pleating it and attaching the waistband, partly by machine, partly by hand. All that's left to do is sewing the hook part of the hooks and eyes and figuring out how to bustle it.

I also sewed the tabs that the eye part of the hook and eye get sewn onto and pinned them to the skirt waistband. My plan of attack is to finish the skirt next - gather and attach the two ruffles and do the waistband, including the eyes - before tackling the bustling problem.

I'm almost done, fair readers! Then it'll be onto Miss Dashwood's new outfit. The fabric is prewashed and the patterns are just sitting there waiting for me to work my magic.

A bientot mes amis!

Miss Leah J. Wilde

Photos of the bustle waistband


No comments:

Post a Comment