Hello my dears,
Yesterday I took apart most of the jacket. It was rather snug so I thought I'd change the seams from 5/8 to 3/8 to give me just a little more room. I still need to restitch the sleeves and put them back on the jacket, then check the fit. I'm contemplating making the sleeves shorter. I actually like it sleeveless but that really would not look right with my dress.
Speaking of the dress, I started cutting out the fabric yesterday. The bodice is cut out. Still have the apron and bustle to cut out. And then of course the lining and the interlining and then the sewing begins...
Oh and I searched through all of my fabric to see if I could find anything coordinating for trims. I found some green ribbon, lilac satin, and dark purple brocade. I found several pieces of pale pink that would work with the clock fabric but not with the underskirt or the jacket since they are bright pink. I already have white satin and white cotton in my project bag, along with white lace, pink ribbon and several other things.
I do think that everything is coming together rather nicely indeed.
Miss Leah J. Wilde