Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Miss Wilde's Year in Review

Well, I started off my year with a couple quick projects, including a dress to take to Florida to visit my grandmother.

A couple weeks after I saw her, she passed away.  And it was like all my sewing mojo disappeared.  I managed to make a couple things, including a dress for her funeral, and as soon as she was buried (which was actually a couple months after she passed, she was cremated), I had all of this inspiration.  And only a few weeks until the International Steampunk Symposium.  But I managed to make a new outfit in three weeks, corset, petticoat, skirt and vest. 

Over the entire year, I managed a total of fifty two projects.  Some were major, like the new outfit for ISS, and some were minor like modding something or binding a quilt for my cousin.  But still fifty two projects, which for those of you who aren't math savvy, means that I averaged a project a week.

That's kinda crazy.

I accomplished a few goals, made a winter coat for the first time, made a swimsuit for the first time.  I started sewing with knits.  I started sewing for kids.  I completed a few of those projects under tight deadlines.

I also accomplished pretty much nothing that was on my original to do list.

But hey, that's life, right?

Now it's time to look ahead, and make a 2016 to do list, so that I can make completely different stuff. :D

A bientot, mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment