Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What I did this weekend...

Well, I didn't really end up sewing in the order I thought I would...

I started out working on the playsuit. I took in the non-zipper side. Next up would be a fitting, but it was so hot in the apartment (no AC) that I didn't want to mess with it. So next up is fitting, hemming and zipper-ing. Actually I'll probably baste the zipper in before the fitting...

Then I tackled the vest basque bodice. Which is approaching completion. I finished and attached the collar. Put the sleeves together and attached them to the bodice. Then came the lining, which is going in a little weird... Following the instructions I sewed the lining to the bodice along the front edges, not following the instructions, I then flipped it and basted the bottom edges of the bodice and the lining together. I'm trimming the edges with bias tape cut from the Paris fabric, which is started. I have buttons picked out, I'm thinking they'll be faux with snaps underneath. Or I make it so it closes with a zipper. I haven't full out decided yet. Buttons will be going on the cuffs to tack them in place. I may also add a little bit of black braid to the front... Next: Finish the binding. Figure out the closure. Decide about the braid. Almost there!

The commission wasn't touched.

I also started plans for my first sundress of the summer -- white eyelet skirt gathered to fit the waistband of a bodice made with one of my Retro Buttericks.  I also want to make some little shorts to wear around the house, the stash has not yet been raided for this purpose but that's in the plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment