Friday, October 14, 2016

How Miss Wilde Got Her Sew-Jo Back

First of all, I really just love the term sew-jo.  It's so much easier than sewing mojo which I was using before.  Any who...

As I mentioned briefly in my last post, life has been mega crazy over the last few months.  At the end of June, I went on a trip with my brother and his family to Buffalo/Niagara Falls.  And saw freaking Weezer with my bestie/soulmate Pepper so it was pretty amazing!  Came home to the news that I may have to be moving.  Okay, start looking for places.  My mother had knee replacement surgery the Thursday after the Fourth of July, and then the call comes the very next day that my paternal grandfather has passed.  So instead of taking two days off work, I end up being in Cincinnati for almost a week dealing with that, and taking my father to the funeral in Indiana the next Tuesday.  Then I find out that I really do have to move, so I start packing and organizing and getting rid of things before I even have a place to go.  Towards the end of August, I go on vacation with my mother as usual, but we take a shorter trip than normal because of her knee.  Then my car breaks down on my way out of town for Labor Day weekend.  Get the call the next day while at my nephew's birthday party that my car is DEAD.  So I'm trying to finalize when I'm moving (I did find a place) and I have to go car shopping. 

So in the last few months I've had (1) my mom in the hospital and recovering from surgery (2) my grandfather die and his funeral (3) my car die and buying a new car and (4) moving in with a friend where I have a much smaller space so organization was hella important. So...needless to say, not much sewing has been going on, partially because of lack of time, partially because with so much going on, my sew-jo went on a vacation.

I moved September 24th, then left the next day to take a little trip with my mom.  So not much settling in happened for a while.  And a lot of it was waiting for my  new housemate to make room in the basement for things that needed stored.  I did maneuver things around so I could use my sewing machine some, because I needed it for my mental stability. So finally, I moved the storage stuff downstairs last weekend, I've got my room as good as it's going to get at least for now and I can sew again!

Now to make some progress on that huge sewing to do list...

No comments:

Post a Comment