Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sewing project update

First off all, my sewing machine - affectionately named "Fern" - is at the doctor's. It looks like she needs a new motor. So I'll probably be using Miss Dashwood's machine over the next couple weeks to get some projects done.

Clockwork gypsy skirt - sewed on the bottom tier and pinned the hem and the elastic casing.

I cut out the blouses and the skirts for Miss Dashwood and Miss Van Eycke. They should go together pretty easily.

I also cut out a new dress for myself - an adorable retro Butterick wrap dress.


Isn't it cute? The underdress is going to be a purple calico floral w blue and green in it and the overdress is a bright green broadcloth. I'll probably use purple binding on the edges as long as I can find a good color. I need to search through my stash for buttons and snaps - try to save at least a little bit of money.

I have two pairs of pants in my sewing bag to hem for a friend. And that concludes this sewing blog update!

A bientot!

Miss Leah J Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment